Thursday, March 31, 2016

In due time ...


I am not a farmer, but there is SO much to learn from them!   Correct me if I am wrong, friends, but I learned a farmer will use a land this way:  plowing, sowing, waiting and then harvesting.   Once in a while though, he will let the land rest, it can become overworked.

I believe that, as well as the farmers, we can relate to each one of those stages as we share Jesus with friends and family.  Sometimes I have made the mistake to overlook the last part: resting the land, giving it time ...

Visiting a city where we used to live I got the chance to have breakfast with a former neighbor.  During the time we lived close to her family, my husband and I presented the Gospel several times as we did life together.  Her life was pretty put together, both of them had nice jobs, several properties, nice kids, etc.  We truly loved them not only because of our desire of presenting Jesus, but because they ministered to us, helping us with our babies, sharing so many meals together, etc.

We have many times looked back and wondered:  what else could we have done?  They were always open to talk, but in a polite way explained their very Post-Modern view in life.

Having breakfast with her we learned lots of the latest chapters of their life more in details.  Her husband developed Parkinson desease, her Mom has Alzheimer's  desease, and her adult daughter  who lives with her is going though depression.   All depending on her for care and strength.

I asked her where she found strength.  During the conversation, in tears, for the first time she was open to talk receiving what I had to share with an open heart.  I was able to share about my own struggles and how I only find hope in God.  At the end of our conversation, Dwight downloaded, at her request, an app with daily messages from the Bible.

While in town I also was able to arrange for a Christian lady to apply for the job to care for her husband at home.   I am hoping this would work out and she would have a witness living in with them, blessing them each day with the presence of Jesus.

I have seen throughout the years that God uses our absence to speak to people.  They can get used to the fuzzy feeling of having Jesus around without having to commit.  When we are not around though, they realize they want that same presence in their lives.  Sooner or later, through experiences and trials, they will recognize the difference of the presence of Christ.

I write this praying that her heart will be blessed by the daily messages on her phone and that she will soon commit to Christ for He is the one from whom all our blessings flow.

Meanwhile, friends, wait patiently for the Master’s Arrival. You see farmers do this all the time, waiting for their valuable crops to mature, patiently letting the rain do its slow but sure work. Be patient like that. Stay steady and strong. The Master could arrive at any time.

James 5:7-8

No comments: