Friday, March 16, 2012

A broken vessel


I have been struggling with low energy, low self-confidence and low desire to serve.  I have detected this, and recognized it from past experiences.  RED FLAG!!

broken clay vessel
Life's circumstances, family problems, attacks, personal conflicts ... all have a part in it. Yes, it does happen in the lives of missionaries as well!

I prayed, God will you fill me?  I am empty, I need to give and have nothing to give.  

Then, this morning a thought came to my mind:  what if I am at my "broken stage" ... what if there is something to be changed and God is using this time "to break me and make me again".  A broken vase cannot carry anything... 

That lead me to think that that are phases in life that we need to give ourselves some time.  Time to "rest" in Him, time to pick up the pieces, time to reinforce our trust in our Maker.  

So, here I am  ... waiting and resting in Him.  Life goes on, but my focus is in restoration and not pouring myself in others.  I must be whole again and then I will be ready to be filled and give what is freely given to me. 

I am broken, but I am not alone.  He is molding me and making me better for His service.  

My advice:  learn to hear your heart, and recognize the seasons of your life.  Saying "no" to some things does not mean being disobedient to Him.  It may mean to choose the best over the good; it may mean to give yourself time!

This reading blessed my heart this morning.  I hope you enjoy as well ... it is from this blog:   A Time to Laugh 



1 comment:

Laura Moench said...

Mara, Thanks for your precious and open words. We all need to hear this and need to acknowledge these things when we are siting in one of these low places. Praying for you and to see what God will teach you and how He will renew you. Blessings, Laura