Wednesday, March 01, 2017

When dreams come true


Do you know that moment in which you see your dream becoming true right before your eyes?

It is a mix of emotions: 
Disbelief ...  Shock ... Awe ...  
Excitement ... Full Joy ... Purposefulness ...

That happened to me the other day.  I have been working with a group of ladies for about 5 years.  It has been a work of patience and waiting.   We all have become close friends and we trust each other. 

During the Holidays, spending extra time with God, I had this feeling that a special time in ministry was closer.  In the other hand, I started experiencing many challenges in my personal life.   That was the assurance to me that the new direction was from God, since blessings often come along with obstacles to prove our faith.  

Arriving back in Spain I started putting some structure to a still cloudy idea. Many friends have often asked me for recipes as I bring cakes and baked goods to our gatherings.  I thought that would provide a bait for my friends.  In the other hand, I wanted them to know that it was not only cooking, we would read and learn from the Bible.   A friend had done a similar ministry and gave it the name of Recipes for Life, which I though fit perfectly with what I was planning.  

To my astonishment, many ladies who were part of the craft class, wanted to come.  I thought it was for the recipes, but then learned they really want to get familiar with the Bible!  The other day a lady I do not know called me to know more about these classes.  I thought "she wants to learn how to bake".  I was shocked again to learn that the cooking was the extra, she was really interested in learning from the Bible!  I hope to see her soon in our event Recipes for Life. 

Back to the dream: picture a room full of Spanish ladies with a big smile in their faces, so thankful for the new Bible they received, learning the difference between the New and Old Testament, what do chapters and verses really mean, studying women of the Bible, reading and asking questions, participating without fear as they are among people they trust. 

What have I learned?

1) God is always at work.
2) God is the one who calls and determines the seasons of planting and harvesting.
3) God is the God of time ... in His time things happen. 
4) His Word does not come back void.
5) Ministry happens in a context of love and trust. 

Dreaming ...

Those who sow with tears will reap with songs of joy.
Psalms 126:5





No comments: